1. The air temperature in the bathing area should be warm and the water should be cool to lukewarm. Wet the coat thoroughly.
2. Pay particular attention to the affected areas of your pet’s skin. Apply sufficient shampoo to these areas and rub in well. Then lather the rest of the hair-coat.
3. Allow the shampoo to remain on the coat for 15 minutes. Contact time with the shampoo is very important. For best results use a timer.
4. *Rinsing is as important as shampooing. Un-rinsed shampoo may cause irritation to the skin.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 as recommended by your veterinarian or the directions on the shampoo bottle.
6. Towel-dry your pet. You may use a blow dryer, but be sure the temperature is on warm and not hot.
7. Repeat the shampoo therapy as directed by your veterinarian or the directions on the bottle.
*Note: some treatments call for “dipping” the dog. In this case the dip should not be rinsed off; let it sit on the dog to air dry instead.